This chair is a great investment. Compared to other products especially, the quality of the product is outstanding. Other products use different material for different parts of the chair whcih is an eyesore. This product is sturdy. We purchased it before our baby needs it and use it as a work chair until our baby is ready for it. It is stylish and fits in with our modern home aesthetic.
Love the adjustability so bub can continue to use the chair as they grow.
Love that this chair grows with the baby. We currently are using the newborn attachment and it's great for when cooking dinner in the kitchen and wanting your hands free. Can't wait until she starts solids and we can all sit at the dining table together. Bonus it's aesthetical pleasing!
We had a few chairs before getting this one and honestly I wish we had gotten this from the beginning. So easy to clean plus my toddler can’t climb out of it like he could every other chair!
Easy to build
The Chair That Grows With The Child ™
- With a variety of available accessories, this iconic chair provides comfort and ergonomics for use from birth.
- Brings your baby to the dining table and closer to the family.
- Highly adjustable seat and foot plate positions.
- Available in a variety of colours and in your choice of Beech or Oak wood finishes.
*Please note that the engraving for the Tripp Trapp in Oak BROWN may appear faint due to the grain and colour of the natural oak wood.
Comfort & Design
- Your child can comfortably sit at the dining table and enjoy mealtimes with the rest of family.Classic, iconic design will never go out of style
- Unique adjustability of seat and footplate to ensure both back and feet support for any age
- Stable footrest that supports your child and provides comfort
- Solid construction of European Beech or Oak wood, which can hold an adult up to 136kg
- Array of colour choices match any décor
- Arrives with guide for positioning of seat and footplate related to age of child
- Optional extended gliders provide increased backward stability
- Easy to clean spills with dampened cloth
- Extended 7-year warranty available on wooden components
- Optional baby set and five-point safety harness
- Water-based, non-toxic paint
- No harmful substances/free from bisphenol and phthalates
When used as a chair for adults (or teenagers) we recommend to:
- Remove the seat plate and use the foot plate as seat plate, on groove 4.
- Remove the lower metal bar.
- Add adult cushion for comfort and style.
This is the way Peter Opsvik has intended the chair to be used for adults, since he invented Tripp Trapp in 1972.
Product Size (cm/in)
W 46 cm x H 79 cm x D 49 cm / W 18.1 in x H 31.1 in x D 19.3 in
6.471 kg / 14.3 lbs
Suitable for age
from 36 months
from 0 (months) with Newborn Set purchased separately
from 6 months with Baby Set purchased separately
Suitable for weight (kg/lbs)
136 kg / 300 lbs
Your personalised Tripp Trapp® is very unique and made especially for you. Therefore, we need two extra business days to process your order. Please make sure that your requested engraving is written correctly since we are not accountable for any misspellings. Please note that once a Tripp Trapp® has been engraved, it cannot be returned or refunded.
What does the Tripp Trapp®come with?
The Tripp Trapp®comes with all hardware and wooden pieces to assemble the chair. You will need to purchase any extra accessories such as Baby set, Tray, Extended gliders and Harnesses separately to suit your family’s needs and lifestyle.
Do the Extended Gliders come with the Tripp Trapp®chair?
No, the Extended Gliders only come complimentarily with the Newborn Set and the Baby set.
Can I use the Tray directly on the Tripp Trapp®chair?
No, the Tray can only be used in conjunction with the Baby set. It cannot physically be attached directly to the Tripp Trapp®chair itself.
Can I remove the harness from the Baby set?
You will be able to remove the shoulder and side straps of the Harness from the Baby set as per the user guide. The only part that is fully integrated and not removable from the Baby set is the crotch strap.
Can I use the Tripp Trapp®at a kitchen counter?
The Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair has been designed for use at tables with a standard height, i.e. between 72 and 76 cm. It is therefore not suitable for use at bar tables.
I own several Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chairs which are nominally of the same colour but look different. Can this be?
All Stokke® furniture is made from wood, which, as a natural product, may show a degree of natural variance. Also, we source our wood from several sustainable sources and we cannot therefore guarantee individual chairs will have come from the same stand of trees. Finally, the colour of the wood may change over time under the influence of UV light and oxygen.
Where do I find the serial number of my Tripp Trapp®?
The serial number of the Tripp Trapp® can be found underneath the right side of the chair.
How do I have to assemble my Stokke® Tripp Trapp® harness?
Please see this film showing how to assemble the Stokke Harness. Click here.